Monday, May 11, 2015

SHRI K. BALACHANDER



INTRODUCTION TO SHRI K. BALACHANDER.
I used to be very popular during my days in Delhi with my association with the Janakpuri Tamil Association and its activities.  One of my best friends was Shri P.S.Ranganathan, popularly known as KADUGU (கடுகு) who was a popular writer in the Tamil weekly Kalki.   He was assisting Shri K. Balachander for some of his shooting schedules in Delhi and has been associated with the Film EK DHUJE KE LIYE.  One day he asked me whether I could assist Shri Balachander in his forthcoming shooting schedule of the Hindi version of the film வறுமை நிறம் சிகப்பு titled JHARA SA ZINDAGI.  I agreed to assist Shri Balachandar’s film shooting schedule in Delhi with Kamala Hasan and Anita Raj.  I also got friendly with the other associates of Shri Balachandar  Ananthu, Natarajan etc.   During one of the shooting schedules at Kulu the members of the troupe met with an accident and nearly 8 persons of them died near Chandigarh.   Subseuently Shri Balachandar decided to make a tamil version of the Hindi movie Namak Halal with the title வேலைக்காரன் with Rajnikanth, Amla, Sarat Babu,
KR Vijaya.  I fully assisted the unit for their schedule in different parks in Delhi and also in the Centour Hotel near the Airport. This picture was directed by Shri SP Muthuraman. Having assisted in the shooting of the film the Director put me in one frame in the picture with Amla in the song sequence தோட்டத்திலே பாத்திகட்டி.  This can be viewed in You Tube.  I have been in touch with Shri Balachander for sometime.

No comments:

Post a Comment